Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nouns and Thanksgiving

Have I mentioned that my class must be the sweetest little class EVER?  They are just precious.  No, they are not perfect, but I have to admit that I enjoy each and every one of them!  They have been working so hard and learning so much!

I wanted to share with you a writing lesson that the students loved, and so did I!  This activity is The Peanut Gallery's Abstract Noun Jars Art and Writing Activity.   As she says,  "It provides students with an opportunity to use their creativity and imagination while learning about abstract nouns."  Abstract nouns can be a difficult concept for some students, but this fun activity definitely helped my students to understand the concept.  Here are some of the results!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Their writing that accompanied this activity was great!  We really enjoyed this simple, but effective project.  If you are looking for a way to review abstract nouns, I highly recommend this packet. 
 
 
I also want to share my new Owl About My Thanksgiving Posters.  These are great for a simple Thanksgiving activity to allow students to write and share about their Thanksgiving traditions and memories.  I can't wait to use these with my students. These are available at my TpT store. 
 
 
 
Be blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment