Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It: Table, Owls, and Green Beans

It's late Monday evening, and I'm finally doing something that I meant to do all summer:  link up with Tara for Monday Made It.  I love this linky, but apparently, I have not been as creative as I thought I would be this summer.  I do have a few things to share with you tonight.  The first one is for home.

 
 


This is a picture of an old table that was my grandmother's.  I have been wanting to try chalk paint.  I just love chalk painted furniture.  In fact, I love pinning ideas for painted furniture on my Pinterest board.  Well, I finally got around to painting this table, and here is the result.




I was proud of how it turned out.


Monday Made It 2 is for my classroom.  I know that I have read that some of you are only able to get into your classroom few days before open house.  Bless your heart, if that is your situation.  I can't imagine how hard that would be to prepare everything in such a short amount of time.  I am blessed to be able to get into my school anytime that I need.  I have been working for a few days, and one thing that I have made is a set of owl themed cursive handwriting posters.  These posters are only part of my owl themed classroom.  I'm still working on getting my room together.  I'll share the finished product soon, so be sure to check back.




Finally tonight I am staying up to finish Monday Made It 3; a project that actually involved my whole family.  Green beans.  We usually plant a small garden.  Truthfully, my husband usually plants a small garden.  He plants squash, okra, tomatoes, peppers, and green beans.  Well, today I picked the beans, my girls snapped them, and I just finishing canning them.  Yes, it is time consuming, but I love green beans out of the garden.  They will be great to have this winter. 










Well, I'm ready to call it a night. 

Be blessed,

 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love the table!!! Beautiful! Your green beans look delicious, too:)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that table turned out! I, also, teach 4th grade Writing. I have earnestly been searching this summer for a good method for tracking my 90+ 4th graders in my Writing classes. Would you please share how you keep up with assessing and tracking the Writing your students do and strategies for differentiating the struggling/middle/gifted learners? I would love to hear from you when you have a chance! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Your table turned out fab-u-lous! I love it!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandmother's table is beautiful!

    I did my first batch of canning this week too -- sweet pickles! Canning can be a pain, but I sure do love it in the winter. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete