Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Let's Talk About Me (Tuesday)

I am excited to join the fun at Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week '13.  I really tried to link up yesterday, but after a long day at school, I finally gave up and gave in to sleep. 

1.  I am beginning my 24th year of teaching! I knew I was an old teacher when I  began having children of my former students.  Five of my former students are teachers at my school!  I also teach at the school that I attended and graduated from.  It's the only school I've ever known!

 

2. I am an Alabama football fan.  My husband, though, graduated from Auburn and is an Auburn fan.  Roll Tide!
 


3.  I play the piano at church.  I began playing the piano in 2nd grade.  (That's a long time!) 
 
 
 


4.  I enjoy crocheting.  My great-grandmother, grandmother, and mother all crocheted.  I have pieces that each one crocheted.  This is a blanket that I crocheted. 
 
 
 
 

 

5.  I love sweet tea.  Jack's has my favorite.
 




6.  My family and I live on a small cattle farm.  I love country living.
 


7.  This is our sweet puppy, Ragan.  She is a Westie and a big part of our family.  Mr. Briggs is our pretty cat and is a girl (not a boy).  To make a long story short, we got her from our vet, who told us she was a boy.   


 
 


8.  I am married to my best friend.  We were high-school sweet hearts.  My hubby is a teacher, too!  He is a high school agriscience teacher. 
 

9. We are blessed with two beautiful and sweet girls.  I am so proud of each of them!  My oldest will be in high school this year!  They are only 15 months apart. 
 


10.  I am a breast cancer survivor.  Five years ago I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, a very aggressive form.  I went through four surgeries, five months of chemo, and my life revolved around countless doctor's visits, pet scans, and tests.  Through God's grace He has allowed me to now be cancer free.  Each day is a true blessing and a gift from Him.

I love you LORD, my strength.  Psalm 18:1





Be blessed!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower. I am a fellow crocheter, too!

    KinderCakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I just got reading through a few of your posts and just wanted to say congrats on being a cancer survivor! I had a quick question and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! - emilywalsh688@gmail(dot)com.

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete