Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Classroom Digs

Yes, I'm a day late again, but I love taking a peek into other teacher's classrooms.  That's why this linky is such a fun one:  Classroom Digs at Blog Hoppin'!  So, I hope you enjoy taking a peek at my classroom!

My classroom again this year is decorated in owls.  I added group signs to my owl lanterns.  Each group will be named words such as "Awesome" and "Spectacular."  I decorated the front of my desk with a cute owl, and above my desk I hung an owl banner with my name.

 
 
 
 
 
 






I have my books organized in containers and baskets on my shelves.  Most of these books are picture books that I use when I model comprehension lessons or chapter books that I use for lit circles.   




 




The following items can be found in my TpT store.  My eight parts of speech posters are cute and colorful. 

 
 
My clock minutes and poster above, the cursive letters below, and the birthday bulletin board are all part of my huge packet, Owl Themed Classroom Set.  
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
 
 
Be blessed!
 

Photobucket







10 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the front of your desk! So cute!!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your bookcases! Your room is adorable. All of the owl pops are so fun!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! I might just go with owls next year, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use to make the owls eyes on the lanterns? I have an owl themed room. I also have the lanterns hanging from my ceiling, but they are not owls. Love them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all so much! Andrea, to answer your question about the eyes, I used craft foam to make the eyes, nose, and feet. The wings are simply scrapbook paper.

      Thanks,
      Kelly

      Delete
  5. Hey Kelly, I was curious. What did you use to decorate the front of your desk? Is it poster board or fabric ? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used bulletin board paper for the background. I drew the owl by hand onto scrapbook paper and assembled it together. The desk decorations have held up nicely. I plan to leave them for this coming year as well. Thanks for asking!

      Delete