Friday, July 19, 2013

Ten Pins Writing Linky

 

I just love Ashley's Ten Pins Linky Party, and this week is all about writing! 



I have to admit that teaching writing, to me, is a challenge.  Each group is different, and their needs are different.  In fact, the past couple of years, I have had a writing plan in mind, but once my students came into my classroom, and I saw their needs, my plans quickly shifted.  I think that's what makes teaching writing so difficult, but I enjoy seeing the progress they make.
Here are my 10 faves for writing!

1.  Of course, I love the heart map.  We have done this the past couple of years, and the students have enjoyed it.  This one from Mrs. Carroll at The First Grade Parade is so cute!

heart map, writing inspiration
 
 
 
2.  Writing Fix!!  If you have not checked out all of the great lessons on writingfix.com, then you must head over there right now!  I love this site for writing! 
 

 


This is one of my favorite writing lessons on idea development.  I am always amazed at the students' creativity with this lesson.
3.  This activity is from Babbly Abby at The Inspired Apple and is one from her Tpt store, but it is so cute!  I want to do this with my class this year.
Pop Rock Descriptive Writing
4.  Did I mention that I love writingfix.com? 
 
Terrific writing lesson on organization!
 
 
5.  Sarah from Write On, Fourth Grade has some wonderful bulletin boards for writing.

 

Write On, Fourth Grade!  Love her ideas!
 
6.  This one is great too!

 
 
 
Revising vs. Editing Venn Diagram from Write On, Fourth Grade!
 
 
7.  This one is from Sarah, too! 
 
 
"Razzle Dazzle Word Wall" from Write On, Fourth Grade!
 
 
 
7.  I love this anchor chart and lesson for the "Writer's Eye"  from Flamingos and Butterflies.
 
 
Writer's "I"
 
 


 
8.  This is a great idea from Two Writing Teachers.  It is a great idea for organizing information in expository writing. 
 
Organizing Research Notes for Expository Writing [Each envelope represents a subtopic.  Inside the envelopes, students tuck pieces of support or facts for that particular subtopic.  Folds up and fits in writing folders.  What a simple, but great idea!

 
 
9.  There are so many great anchor charts, and this one is both cute and very functional.  It is from Luckeyfrog's Lilypad.
 
 
spice up your writing ~ I like it!
 
 
10.   Isn't this such a cute idea?  This is from 1167 Jackson when she posted about her mother-in-law's classroom. 
 
 
Writing 2- An easy way to get children interested in writing is to have them write letters to the teacher and other students. I would use the mailbox for "students of the week" all of the other students would write nice, encouraging notes to that student. It would also be helpful in the way of teaching respect toward other students.
 
 

 Enjoy pinning!
 
Be blessed,
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I would love to have a mailbox in my classroom! So cute!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the pirate board and thy revising and editing one is good too. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ideas! The Writer's Eye is great!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the "I" chart and the heart in my 3rd grade! Goes well with my class!
    Thank you for some new ideas to think about!
    I'm your newest follower!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay...thank you for pinning my Writer's Eye! I love following your blog, and I just added you to my Bloglovin' :)

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I've just signed on to follow your blog. As an ESL teacher for upper elementary, I look forward to your posts!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete