Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ten Pin Linky Party: Reading!!!






I love Pinterest and spend far too much time there.  It is just so addicting!  I am amazed at the wonderful ideas that I find, and for Ashley's Ten Pin Linky Party, the reading ideas on Pinterest are not disappointing.  There are so many wonderful ideas! Be sure to check out everyone who linked up with Just Reed.


Here are my 10 favorite reading idea pins: 
1. I love all of the anchor charts on Pinterest, and this Author's Purpose chart is great!
Author's Purpose:  Easy as P.I.E.!    Persuade, Inform, & Entertain
Source Unknown

2.  I love this character traits bulletin board!
 
Character traits board
Source:  Unknown
3.  I love Patricia Polacco's books, and I love this great anchor chart.
 
  Picture books aren't just for little kids! For a quick analysis of author's purpose and theme, read a new story everyday for a week. Patricia Polacco is one of my favorites, but this could be done with any author.
 
 

4.  These bookmarks are super cute and would be great to make for the class.


Personalized Bookmarks- neat start to school gift
Source: Sixpenny on Etsy.com



5. This author spotlight bulletin board is great for motivating students to read!  I want to make one this year!

Author Study-I love the idea of always keeping an active author study.. There are so many great authors that I would love to introduce my kids to! These are great to set up after a read aloud so students can see more of the author's writings. {Image only}
Source 4bblogspot.com
6.  This is a fun activity that I do in my classroom to help students understand nonfiction text features.



Nonfiction Text Features Activity
Source:  http://teachingfourth.blogspot.com/
 

7.  Summary anchor chart
 
Summary Anchor Chart.
 
 
8.  Character Reading Journal Entry:
 
Journal About Characters
Source Teaching Fourth

 
9.  Great reading bulletin board:
 
Excellent Reading Board idea...
Source:  Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten

 


10.  This vocabulary wall is one of my favorites:
 
I like the idea of posting the vocabulary under the cover of the book.
Source:  My Heart Belongs in First

 
 
 
 
Enjoy Pinterest and be blessed!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I am loving seeing all the different ideas being shared with these posts. I really like all the bulletin board ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great ideas here...now if only I get things done on my to-do list instead of adding more really cute things to it. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    I love this post. I will be teaching ELA for the first time in years and you have provided some excellent examples. I've pinned them all! Hope you are having a great summer!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas...thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete