Friday, June 14, 2013

5 for Friday and Ten Pin Linky

Warning!  This is a long entry that is full of pictures!

I have to admit that I am loving summer vacation.  I am so glad to be at home with my girls, and my husband is off on Fridays!  I love the time that I have with them! 

 I am actually combining two linkies this week.  First, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for 5 for Friday.

fiveforfriday

We had Bible School at our church last week.  I was the assistant director and helped with the decorating.  Our theme was called Jungle Jaunt.  I was excited with how the decorations turned out.  Of course the inspiration came from teachers.  The tree idea came from  Mrs. Jump's classroom, and I found the inspiration for the jeep came from Buzzing About Second Grade.  We had a wonderful Bible School and a lot of fun! 

Flowers and landscape.  I have a super sweet, hard-working husband.  I love to look at a beautiful yard, and my husband works so hard to make ours look great. 

The lilies are some of my favorites in my yard.

It's swimming time!  The girls have been swimming for the last couple of weeks, but the water has just warmed up enough for me.  I never dreamed we would have a swimming pool.  It has been a lot of fun!

Pinterest.  I am addicted to Pinterest!  Love it!  If you don't already follow me, I'd love for you to follow my boards.  I have a new collaborative Pinterest board for upper elementary.  If you are interested in joining, please send me an email. 

#5 is actually another linky.  I'm also linking up with Just Reed for her Pinterest Party.


1.  I love this writing anchor chart from Write On, Fourth Grade! 



Source:  Write On, Fourth Grade

2.  I also love her revising and editing bulletin board.
3. I hope to do a better job with birthdays next year.  I love this bulletin board idea:
 I also love pretty classrooms!  Schoolgirl Style has some beautiful ideas:
5. 
Source:  Schoolgirl Style
  
6.  Oh!  I wish I had these desks!

Source:  Inspired In Style



Source:  Schoolgirl Style
7..


8.  I also love distressed furniture.  I just wish I had the time and talent to do this.



9.  I love pretty wreaths. 


10.  I still want to make these.  I know they have been going around pinterest for a long time, but I still want to make some.  I had a student's grandmother that made me one, and I love it. 

Be blessed!


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!

    What a beautiful house and yard you have! I'm going to have to go check out the Ten Pin Linky! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband works hard on our yard. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. SOOO many great pins! My goodness thanks for sharing such awesome ideas :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is so much fun, and full of so many great ideas!

      Delete
  3. School Girl Style is the best!!! Your yard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that School Girl Style is best! I wish I could get my room to look like her designs! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I'm digging those hanging paper lanterns!

    KaSandra
    http://memoriesmadeinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper lanterns are a great way to add color and fun to your classroom. :)

      Delete
  5. Your yard and pool is absolutely gorgeous, Kelly!! Thanks for sharing so many great pins too! I have never seen #10 before. What is it exactly? I guess I don't spend as much time on Pinterest as I could. haha!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! #10 is, I guess you could say, a fancy jar. I have used mine for M & M's and mints, but you could store buttons, coins, etc.

      Delete
  6. Your home looks so relaxing and inviting! :) I know you will enjoy it this summer.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful yard and pool! Your children must love it!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Found you through the Ten Pin linky. Love your yard!!!! I am also a huge SchoolGirl Style fan. I used her Honeybee collection this year and loved it.
    Have an awesome week!
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. We wanted to join your collaborative pinterest. I couldn't find your e-mail so I thought I'd just comment. I'd love to know the details and how to join if possible. Thanks!
    dandsherrmann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your 10 favorite pins. LOVE the classroom decorations. I am thinking my class needs a facelift now!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete