Saturday, February 9, 2013

There, Their, and They're Free Activity

Correctly spelling and using homophones can be difficult for many fourth graders.  I know that I have high expectations for my students, but I do expect them to be able to use their, there, and they're correctly in their writing.  Unfortunately, many of my students still have trouble remembering the correct spellings; therefore, I created a fun activity. 





This packet contains cards for a whole group activity ,a graphic organizer, and a printable that can be used as an assessment, if desired.  Simply give each child one of each of the three different cards.  Read a sentence from the teacher page.  Students hold up the correct spelling for "there." You can quickly determine the students in your class who need further instruction. 




 
 
As a way to celebrate 200 followers on my blog and at my TpT store, this is my newest freebie!  I hope this is something that will enjoy using with your students!  Thanks so much for following me!
 
Be blessed!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. These are great! Thanks you for sharing. I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are both very welcome, and thank you for following! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Kelly! I have missed talking with you and thanks for stopping by:) Life is so hectic, isn't it! I just posted about a website that I recently found that you may want to check out:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fifth graders struggle with homophones SO much this year! This will be an awesome reinforcement activity - thanks!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this freebie. I found you on Pinterest and now I am your newest follower! Heather

    ReplyDelete