Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Write It Wednesday-Write About Characters



Today's Write It Wednesday is centered around students writing about what they are reading.  We are discussing story elements and characters.  To help build comprehension of the characters from their books, my students completed this graphic organizer about the main character by describing the character and listing facts that they learned.    Students then cut out their little people and glued them in their reading journals.


(Yes, we need to work on the spelling of "because".)

I love using graphic organizers "becuse" they help students focus on a concept and help them organize the information to recall what they have learned from the text. 

Don't forget to link up with me Friday for Fun Friday.  Remember, this linky is all about the fun things we do in our classrooms!



God bless!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I love this character activity! Is the graphic organizer available on your TpT store? I would love to try this out with my students :)

    Thanks!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad that you like this. I'm sorry, but I found this online for free, but I can't seem to find the website. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete