Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Week In Review: Vocabulary Flipbook, Run on Sentences, and Free Football Clipart!

This week was a busy week, but even so, we had a great week of reading and language arts. I also had the opportunity to attend a technology training this week. Today, I just wanted to quickly share a few highlights from my week.

 
My students created vocabulary flipbooks using their history vocabulary words. I love having students create flipbooks for vocabulary reinforcement and review. They simply wrote the word on the front of a flap and drew a picture. Then, on the inside, they wrote the definition. You can also have students use the word in a sentence. This is not something that I do with all vocabulary words or with every unit, but I like to change things up and have students create these every now and then. It gives students a who enjoy drawing a chance to be creative, and most of the students enjoy creating these flipbooks.
 
 
My students are still struggling with run on sentences, and these task cards are a quick and easy way to practice identifying run on sentences. This set of task cards simply require the students to identify run on and complete sentences. This was the first time that we have used task cards to play scoot in my class this year, so this simple set was a perfect set to teach my class how to play. They did a great job! Another fabulous thing about learning to play scoot was that it really was a great exercise in listening skills and following instructions, and my class did great with that as well! You can find these cute task cards here in my TpT store.
 
 
I am loving the testing shields that I purchased at the end of the year last year! (I am in no way affiliated with the company. I just love this product!)  They are the perfect solution to desk arrangements with students sitting in close proximity to one another.
 
 
I also found time to create a quick and easy homecoming door decoration. Just incase you are in need of football clipart, the football can be found for free in my store. I simply inserted the football clipart into PowerPoint and printed it out in poster size to make it large enough for my door. They would be perfect for printing for your students to color this football season, creating bulletin boards, or for creating products for your Tpt store, and they are free!
 
 
 
Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.