Friday, August 21, 2015

Classroom Reveal 2015

Busy...whirlwind...That is how I would describe this past week and a half! We are beginning to get down our classroom routines and procedures, and this sweet little group that I have is working so very hard! I have been so busy, that I am just now getting around to posting my classroom reveal.

This year, I didn't go with a typical theme like I have in the past few years. Instead, I opted to go with pops of color: orange, turquoise blue, and bright green. It is strange that I have ended up with so much orange in my classroom, especially since a few years ago I would have told you that orange was my least favorite color. The school where I teach is a very old building, built in the 50's. Several years ago, a school committee decided to spruce up our hallways by painting the walls and doors. They decided to paint each classroom door a variety primary colors, and my door was painted orange... Well, to make a long story short, I have ended up with orange plastic bins, and curtains. Since then, I have moved classrooms, and my door is now green, but because of the money that I have invested in fabrics and bins, I still use orange in my classroom, and I must admit that it has grown on me.

So, now, here are a few pictures of my classroom...

To welcome everyone in my classroom, I created a door decoration from a cute plaque that was in my daughter's room. She redecorated her bedroom, and I thought this corkboard would be perfect on my door. I simply added a wooden letter and a bow.



I love positive sayings in my classroom, and this bulletin board turned out so cute and colorful! It is made with my Motivational Posters.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Motivational-Posters-1628088
 
 
I wanted to create a colorful focus board this year, and I think this one turned out great. I decided to place it on my whiteboard so that I can easily write my objections each day. This bulletin board can also be found in my Tpt store. 


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Objectives-1979942
 
 
If you are familiar with my blog, you may remember that I had antique desk in my classroom. At the very end of the year, I was so excited when my principal told my team that she was going to purchase new desks for our classrooms! I have been teaching for 25 years, and this is the first time that I have ever had new desks! I was thrilled!  I have my desks grouped with 5 desk in each group. I purchased bookshelves and placed one at the end of each group of desks for folders and lunchboxes. 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my classroom pictures!
 
 
Have a blessed weekend!




4 comments:

  1. Your room looks great!! Happy first week of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom looks awesome! I really like how you are displaying your learning targets. Have a great year!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Learning Target board. I'm going to do the same thing in my room.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.