Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Progressive Verbs


This week for "What We're Reading Wednesday," I want to share a Powerpoint that I used with my class. Reading is a part of every subject, even in grammar.


A few weeks ago I had a surprise evaluation from my principal. When she walked in, my students were learning about progressive verbs. I was using a Powerpoint that I created to help students learn all about progressive verbs. My principal had a lot of positive comments about the lesson and about all of the learning that was taking place. She especially liked how engaged the students were throughout the lesson.
 
 
Not only did my students learn a lot about progressive verbs, but they also had an opportunity to turn and talk, and be actively engaged throughout the lesson.
 
 
 
You may be wondering why I included a Powerpoint on progressive verbs in "What We're Reading Wednesday." This Powerpoint includes many opportunities for students to read.  One suggestion that my principal had to improve this lesson was to let the students coral read the sentences. What a good way to get students reading even more!
 
This Powerpoint can be found here in my TpT store.
 
Verb Tenses and Progressive Verb Tenses

 
Have a blessed day.

 



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.