Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Finding Details and Writing a Summary

I hope you are having a wonderful week! I wish I were a better photographer so that I could show you the most beautiful sunrise and sunset that I have ever seen! Last week I attended a workshop with some teachers at my school. We had to travel over an hour to get to the workshop, so that meant that we needed to leave our school at 6:45. (Yes, that's a.m.) Well, I left my house at 6:30, still very sleepy, but as I topped a hill, I could see the most beautiful sunrise that I have ever seen! The colors were such deep reds and oranges that it took my breath away! This evening after picking my daughter up from softball practice, we shared a gorgeous sunset. Absolutely breathtaking! We stopped to take pictures, but our photography skills just couldn't capture the beauty of the colors.


This week for What We're Reading Wednesday, I'd like to invite you to Upper Elementary Snapshots to read the post on finding details and writing summaries. This was a nonfiction reading lesson that my students seemed to really love. Just click here to read about this nonfiction lesson that uses Polar Bears by Gail Gibbons and a free nonfiction article on polar bears. While you're there, be sure that to follow our blog because the wonderful group of upper elementary teachers that make up this Upper Elementary Snapshots have some fabulous ideas that they share every week.

http://www.upperelementarysnapshots.com/2015/02/a-nonfiction-reading-strategies-lesson.html#.VNLlT-ktDIU
 
Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.