Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Trees Art and Christmas Activity

At my school, this is the last week before Christmas vacation! Yay! I'm ready for a couple of weeks off with my family, but before vacation begins, we still have a few days left. Now the question is, "What do I do with these kiddos who are even more ready to be out than I am?"

This week I have some enjoyable activities planned. We are reading Christmas themed books, using some fun task cards, completing some fun art and writing activities. For example, one fun art activity that we did was this easy tree art activity.  Students simply traced 5 or 6 Christmas trees on a piece of paper. I used the die cut machine to cut out a tree shape for each student. They turned the trees all different directions.

 
Next, the students outline and colored each Christmas tree with decorations.
 
Finally, they filled in the background with lines or designs. 
 
 
This was a quick and easy activity that the students really enjoyed. Also, very few supplies are needed: paper, pencil, crayons, and a die cut Christmas tree. I think they look bright and colorful on the bulletin board.
 
Another fun activity that we will complete this week is my Owl About My Christmas handout from my Owl About My Christmas Packet. You can find a copy in my TpT store.  If you need an easy activity that your students will enjoy completing and sharing, this is it.  Simply print and complete. Students will enjoy writing about their Christmas memories and favorite traditions, and you will love how adorable these turn out!
 
Your students will love writing about their Christmas trees, traditions, and memories!

 

I hope you have a very blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but my week sure did fly by! Your crafts and writing ideas look like a lot of fun! I hate that I am a day late and a dollar short to pick up your freebie! There is always next year! Merry Christmas!

    Susan
    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.