Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Meet Up

I can't believe how quickly this summer is flying by! I'd love for it to slow down just a little! We have had some of the most beautiful July weather that I can ever remember.  Instead of the humid hot July that we are accustom to in the south, we have had some absolutely gorgeous days with low humidity.  In fact, we spent most of July 4th outside enjoying the comfortable weather!  It was marvelous! Today, I am linking up with The Teaching Tribune for their final Monday Meet Up





 
1.  As a child I remember our family going camping in the mountains.  We had a lot of fun.  I remember playing in the streams that we camped beside, hiking to waterfalls, and campfires. 
 
2.  If I could change my name, I would probably keep my first name, but I would change the spelling to K-e-l-l-i.  Why?  I'm not sure, but I've always wished that my name ended in an "i". 
 
3.  One summer, my classroom at school caught fire.  Fortunately, no one was there to get hurt.  Someone at the post office next door noticed the smoke and called the fire department.  It was a faulty air conditioner that caused the fire.  My room didn't burn, but everything (and I do mean everything) had smoke damage.  I spend my summer days (along with some wonderful volunteers) cleaning smoke damage from my classroom and trying to salvage what I could.
 
4.  If I could pick a fictional character to meet, I would pick Harry Potter for my daughter.  I would love to see her face if she could meet him.  She is a huge fan, and is begging to go to the new Harry Potter Universal theme parks.
 
5.  I have one brother.  He is very sweet and very smart.  In fact, he is an electrical engineer. 
 
6.  I love home made butter biscuits with jelly or honey.  Yum!!
 
Thanks for visiting, and have a blessed day!
Kelly


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! It's great to meet a fellow fourth grade teacher! I cannot imagine having a classroom fire and losing everything! A friend of mine had her computer catch fire over the weekend in her classroom and she lost all of her teaching materials, so I know how traumatic that was for you. It's great to meet you! Would you be okay if I listed your blog on my "Great Blogs by Grade Level" page? Happy summer!
    Mrs. Renz Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to get a message from you, Mrs. Renz. I have visited your website often. I am so sorry about your friend's classroom! My room caught fire years ago, long before we had computers and technology in our rooms. I can't imagine loosing my computer!

      I would be honored for you to place my blog on your grade level page. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I am terrified of fire, so that would be an extremely traumatizing event. I'm glad no one was injured.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to meet you! I love your blog:-) I'm your newest follower!
    Love, Dianna
    Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, I love your blog! I was hoping you might hop over to my blog and enter my giveaway! Thanks!!
    -Melanie
    Teacher’s Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fire one caught my eye quick!! I'm glad it was when no kids were there!! :) and utter biscuits are my husbands favorite. :) I'm so glad to see that your clip art is doing so well, keep it up!!

    Mariela
    Learning with Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.