Saturday, April 5, 2014

Little Oh Anchor Chart


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday (a day late). 
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/04/five-for-friday-linky-party-april-4th.html
 
March has been crazy busy.  We have had softball games, been busy at school, softball games, and more softball games.  I have enjoyed watching my daughter play, but we have definitely enjoyed this past week: Spring Break!!
 

Spring Break!

This week was my spring break! Wahoo! It was great. 
Did your spring break to do list look anything like mine?
I had a huge to do list:  clean out the garage, clean the basement, make 5 new items for TpT, blog, clean out the flower beds, clean the house (deep clean- like clean windows, closets, pack away winter clothes, etc.) , spend time with the girls, watch Frozen with my daughter. 
 
However, I think I only accomplished 2 goals on this list: spend time with the girls and watch Frozen.(which was wonderful!)  My girls also wanted to go shopping, so I couldn't say no to that! Shopping, watching a movie, and spending time with family sounds a lot more fun than cleaning!
 

 

Have you read Little Oh?

 
 
I actually used this book in my class a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share it with you.  Little Oh by Laura Krauss Melmed is a beautifully told story of a woman whose paper doll creation comes to life.  It is a great story to study character analysis. 
 
 

Anchor Chart

 
 
 
 
We made this anchor chart as we analyzed Little Oh.  As I read this book to my class, students found evidence in the book of "how the character looked,"  "her behavior," etc.  Students talked to their partner to discuss the evidence, then we charted their findings.  My class really enjoyed this story.
 

Borders By Kelly B. Set #3

Borders By Kelly B. Set #3: Mega Border Pack
 
My newest set of borders are finally finished! I have created 42 borders in this huge set! Each one of these borders will add a unique style to your worksheets, center activities, packets, and cover pages.  You'll find them at my TpT store.
 

Win this set of borders!

You can win Borders by Kelly B. Set #3 by simply leaving a comment below.  Let me know how you would use this set.
Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!
 
Have a blessed day!
 

18 comments:

  1. Your spring break sounds perfect to me, even if you didn't finish your to-do list!
    Wow, those borders look amazing! I would love to win those and use them in my teaching resources! I am currently going through and updating one of my first products, which needs a lot of beautifucation! My email is ateachableteacher @ gmail.com (close the gaps). Thank you for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I won your AMAZING Set #2 of borders, so I will let someone else win this set, but I'll be by your TpT store to purchase Set #3 soon! Thanks for the tip on "Little Oh", too. I'll be checking it out!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your borders! I would use them to spruce up handouts for my class and in making my products for TPT!
    tbsrwilson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That border set is so beautiful! I would love to win it! But I put it on my wish list in case I don't. :-) Enjoy your weekend!
    -Lisa
    lbarton3@me.com
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use that border set to jazz up my activity pages for my classroom! They are so cute! katienussbaum87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for linking up :o) and the borders look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just found your blog because an awesome follower mentioned you on FB- newest fan! I'd use the border set in my upcoming math resource games- A little border goes a long way in creating a beautiful product! totallysweetmath@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you through FB and would love to use those borders in my new reading resource. :)

    Nicole
    mrsriosteaches@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your shop this week! I had to ask a seller where the borders were from! I'd use them to doll up any of my products!!
    Rachel
    rachel.lamb81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your borders! I've got set 2 on my wish list. I would love to have this set to add some style to my math station resources.
    Mlmkj81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your borders! I would add them to my products, parent notes, classroom worksheets, to do lists and more! kellys3ps@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those borders are fabulous! Products and classroom decor come to mind at first as to how I would use them, but I also see using them in my journaling for my family scrapbook albums. time4kindergarten@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for introducing me to a new book ... looks like one I need for my collection. I love the cheery look and feel of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to win your borders! I'd use them for spicing up old products and creating new ones! So many options!!!
    Angela :)
    angelanerby10 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great break! Well deserved! Love your borders!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. These would look great on the worksheets I make for my kids! They look so cute!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kelly!
    You had quite the "to do" list. Mine is similar, but I have one more week until spring break. I'm not holding out much hope that I'll get much of it done. I know myself too well. ; )

    As for those border, you're killin' me! I've recently become one of your biggest fans. I bought your lang. arts bundle during the last big TPT sale, and I'm lovin' it! So comprehensive and useful--and ADORABLE. : ) I discovered your borders and have them on my wish list. And yesterday, on Pinterest, I saw a non-fiction text structures unit you created that I wish listed. As you can see, I'm a fan. Thanks for creating all the things I need but have no time or talent to do. : )
    I use these borders for everything under the moon: tests, letters, to cutify assignments....the sky's the limit. Thanks for creation' 'em!
    allisonmeyer099@gmail.com

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, Ali, for such a huge compliment! I really appreciate all of your purchases and your support! I'm thrilled that you like everything that you have purchased! Thanks again!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.