Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday: From Cows to Sweet Tea and Everything In Between

I have to say that I am glad that Friday is here!  The first few weeks of school are such a busy and hectic time for teachers, and when your own children have activities that they are involved in, well, it can get a little crazy!  Around our house with two teachers and two teenagers, September is crazy!  I'm glad that Friday evening is here, and I have an opportunity to relax, watch a little tv, and link up with Doodle Bugs and share my Five for Friday with you.

Let me warn you.  This Five for Friday is very random.
fiveforfriday2_thumb3


First of all, around our farm we have new calves being born almost everyday.  I love watching the momma cows with their calves.  It has been an exciting time.



 
 
 
Also, on the farm we have ripe muscadines (which are similar to grapes and native to the South).  I love muscadines!  You can find me out at the vines every afternoon or evening enjoying these sweet-as-candy snacks!
 
 


Now, for school related topics. We have been studying genres and focusing on realistic fiction this week.  This is an anchor chart that I created to help students remember the characteristics of realistic fiction. 
 
 
 
My students also completed an All About My Summer Poster to share about themselves and get to know one another.  This poster can be found in my All About Me Posters packet on TpT.
 

 
 
 
Finally, have I mentioned that I love sweet tea?  I use to drink colas everyday, but I haven't had a cola(known as "Coke" here in the South) in about 5 years. Instead, I enjoy my sweet tea.  Jack's sweet tea is mighty good stuff.
 
 
 
 
Be blessed!



4 comments:

  1. New reader here! I found you on the linky party over at Doodle Bugs' blog! Love your blog design. I also really like your anchor chart for realistic fiction!

    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you teach, have children, live on a farm with cows, and have time to blog. You ARE amazing! I'm in awe of you! I'd be asleep for weeks after all of that!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live on a farm as well and I always love to see the little babies and their mommas. They just make me giggle when they start getting big enough to run around and play together - precious!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed with your artistic ability - and a bit jealous!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.