Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer at Last!

Today officially begins my summer vacation!  I have such mixed emotions!  I know that I should be excited, but I have to admit that I am actually a little sad.  Why on earth would I be sad about summer?  Well, it means that my two sweet girls are growing up, and my oldest will be in high school next year.  I'm not sure if my heart is ready for that.  Also, I was blessed with such a wonderful class this past year.  The beginning of the year started off a little bumpy, but this group wanted to please me, and they would work hard to do whatever I asked of them.  What more can you ask for from a class?  I will miss this group. 

I was excited to find Kim's linky, "Next year I'm definitely..."  Yes, even with summer here, like most of you, I'm already thinking ahead to next year.  Here is my list!


 
I hope to make major improvements in this area.  I want to remember to encourage others instead of complain.  I became too good at complaining.  I want to spend that energy encouraging and helping lift coworkers up.  

 
I feel that this is my weakest area of instruction.  I hope to make major improvements in this area next year.  We are receiving a new reading series, and I am excited about the small group instruction that is part of this series.  I hope this will help my organization of instruction.



I hope to improve on organization.  The older I get, the more I struggle in this area.  What time I spend at school this summer getting ready for next year, I plan to work on organization. 
 
Thank you, Kim, for a great linky!
 
 

Be blessed!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I need to work on small group instruction, too. It is difficult.

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are adopting a new Reading series also that is aligned with the CCSS. I plan to really enhance my small group instruction also. I am a new follower of your blog and a 4th grade teacher. Hope you will check out my blog at ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! What reading series will you be using? I agree about small group - I had it down at 6th grade, but now that I'm at 5th with totally different class routines I was not so great. Hope you have a great summer!

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small group teaching is so important, but I also think it's the hardest thing to pull off as a teacher. There are so many moving pieces--like what are the other kids working on while I work with a small group and how engaged/occupied are they? Plus there's all the differentiating that goes into small groups, and it is some HARD work. I want to get better at that next year as well.

    Just found your blog through the linky, and I'm a new follower!
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.