1. We have been busy getting ready for our testing next week!!! Work, work work! We have never given it this late in the school year, and I am a little concerned. If my students work as hard on the test as they have this week, I think we will be in good shape! I am very proud of how far they have come this year!
2. We also had a field trip Friday. Yes, the day before testing begins! This is a county-wide field trip where students learn about the water cycle, water conservation, aquifers, etc. It is a great field trip, and we had a very good time. The students were excellent. (Sorry, no pictures).
3. The students enjoyed reviewing commas with macaroni. This is an activity that I have used for several years in my classroom. I used sentence strips that I passed out to each student. Each child also had dried macaroni to use as commas. Students read the sentences, placed the commas where they belong, and when I said, "Check," they checked the answers on the back of the sentence strips. When I announced, "Pass," the students passed the strip to the next person, and we repeated the process. The students loved it!
4. To review similes, metaphors, and personification, we used my Figurative Language Show Me the Card Activity.
5. My girls let me take their picture in front of our wisteria vine. It is in full bloom and beautiful.
Now I am off to enjoy a rainy, cold Saturday.