Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tried it Tuesday! Dance Mat Typing

I am so happy to finally be linking up with Holly for Tried it Tuesday, and I wanted to share something that I have tried with my students in computer lab.  We go to the computer lab one day a week.  Mostly we take AR tests and review math skills with a variety of math programs.  One thing I found that my students love is Dance Mat Typing.  I found this through Amy Lemons at Step Into Second Grade when she had posted about this great website.

Photobucket
My students love Dance Mat Typing and beg to use it.  Some great features about this website include:
  • Dance Mat Typing teaches the keyboarding skills and correct finger positions.
  • Dance Mat Typing allows students to learn at their own pace.
  • It is easy to use.
  • It is super cute.
  • It is fun to use!
If you've not checked out this website, you may want to give it a try.

Be Blessed!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ooh yes I love this website- I just found your blog and am your latest follower! I'm glad I did because every year I introduce a typing program in term 2 and I'm now on mid term break- getting ready for term two (I'm in New Zealand so our terms are completely different to yours) and I'd forgotten all about doing a typing program!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this suggestion! I'm so excited to use it! Thanks for sharing!
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. My class loves this program, I even have my daughters using it at home. You are right it is fantastic. Pluse I can't stand the hunting and pecking that goes on during computer lab!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. TODAY...I was just discussing with my students the importance of practicing typing and how much they will rely on this skill! Thank you for much for sharing, Kelly:) I have pinned it!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete