Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Magical Product Swap!

I have to admit that when I received the email from Jessica at Mrs. Stanford's Class,  I was so excited to be able to participate in her product swap.  This is my first time to participate, and I have had so much fun!

MrsStanfordsClass

I was even more excited when I found out that I am paired with Alyssa from 4th Grade Racers!  Alyssa's blog is fantastic and is filled with wonderful ideas that are perfect for a 4th grade classroom.  Her store is amazing!  It is filled with over 175 great products such as her Year Long Morning Work and her Civil War Activity Bundle.  So many fabulous choices made my decision very difficult. 
 
 


Ultimately, I chose Alyssa's Owl Compound Sentences.  When I saw this packet, I couldn't resist the cute owls.  They go perfectly with my classroom theme, and I knew that this packet was perfect for the upcoming lessons in language arts on using commas and compound sentences. 

My students loved the cute owl cards, and I loved how simple and easy this packet was to use. Everything that I need is included in this packet:  teacher and student directions, 12 sets of simple sentences to combine into compound sentences, and even a cute recording sheet.  I simply printed, laminated, and cut, and I had a great activity to help students review writing compound sentences.
Owl Compound Sentences Literacy Center                         

Students simply choose a card, read the sentences about owls on the card, and then combine the two sentences into a compound sentence. 




Another great thing about these cards is that you can use them so many ways:  whole group, small group, or centers!  Owl Compound Sentences is a great way to get your students writing compound sentences correctly! Thank you so much Alyssa and Jessica!  I had so much fun with the product swap, and I can't wait to read about all of the other terrific products!

Be Blessed!  

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog as part of the Magical Product Swap Linky. You have some great posts and it looks like you had a chance to use a fun compound sentence product as part of the swap! I'll be back again for sure....

    Your newest follower,

    Kate
    http://katesclassroomcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! I just found your cute blog, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great activity. Thanks for the review! I am thrilled to have found another fourth grade blogger!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.