Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nonfiction Text Features Activity

Hey ya'll!  I hope you have had a blessed Sunday.  Our weekend here has been gorgeous and warm!  It has been just beautiful weather. 

I have had so many ideas that I have wanted to share with you, but I am struggling these days with one thing:  time.   I have finally found a moment to sit down and share a nonfiction activity that we completed last week.  After reviewing nonfiction text features, each student used a nonfiction book to create these wonderful nonfiction text charts.  This was an idea inspired from Mrs. Winston's blog.

My students did a great job, and it was a fun review of nonfiction text features.    Here are some of their completed projects.






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Those look so cute! We're doing nonfiction text structures right now with an animal focused project. :)

    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I found you on Pinterest and love all your boards. I love what y'all created for nonfiction text features! :) We are actually working on that too. I think I am going to have my students create a class book that we can keep in our class library that highlights all of the important text features and their functions. They LOVE getting to draw and create things that they can share with their peers.

    I teach 4th grade too, and I have just started a blog. I would love if you could check it out. I have a freebie giveaway going on this weekend. I have joined your blog and I'm excited to start following you!

    Have a great weekend!

    *Stacia at Collaborationcuties.blogspot.com
    CollaborationCuties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! I love this idea! When we review nonfiction text features, I may have to give this a try!

    Thanks!
    Jennifer
    http://teachingtoinspirein5th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the middle of my non-fiction unit right now! Each student researches an American business founder, takes notes, creates a bibliography, and writes a 5-paragraph essay. The bibliography is hard, but I think I might adapt your idea for locating the necessary information for the bib. Thanks for sharing! Caitlin
    P.S. My research paper info is at http://the-room-mom.com/writing-a-research-paper/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.