Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scarecrow Art

I love fall, and today was a fabulous fall day!  We were blessed with a wonderful service at church this morning, and this afternoon we enjoyed time with my family.  Such a blessing!  I hope your Sunday was full of blessings too!

I wanted to share some fall art that I did with my students last Friday.  They had earned enough letters to spell Fun Friday, so their special treat included some fall art. 

To make these scarecrows, we used white paper towels to make the heads.  We simply took a paper towel and loosely crumpled it into a ball.  Then we took a second paper towel and wrapped around the ball, taping it in the back.  This makes the head.  Students drew and colored faces.  Then, they made hats out of yellow construction paper.  The students drew bodies and fall scenery on a piece of art paper.  Finally, they glued the hats on their heads and the finished heads onto the scarecrow bodies.  I think they turned out worthy to "crow about!"





My classes have been making these for years, and I always love how they turn out!  They are cute and simple to do!

Also, I want to encourage you to visit Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper.  She has a fabulous 200 follower giveaway with many wonderful prizes.  Don't miss out on this!  She will be giving away prizes, including a $30 gift card,  to 3 blessed winners !  If you don't already follow her, you'll love her blog!



Have a blessed day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Adorable scarecrows and thanks for the give away heads up!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that you have been "Boo'd!" This means that I have included your blog in my recent post. Visit my blog at http://flamingosandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2012/10/ive-been-bood.html to see your link!

    Thanks for all that you share!

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog because Tina boo'd you. I'm now your newest follower.

    I hope you'll join my linky party and share 3 blogs you love and admire!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.