Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Made It! Owl Stool



This has been a wonderful Labor Day!  My family has been blessed with a very relaxing day.  I have been busy cleaning the house and working on projects for home and school.  It has been nice to have a day to catch up with cleaning around the house.

For Monday Made It, I recruited one of my daughter's help.  I have been inspired by the mod podge stools that I have seen online, like the one from Swimming Into Second.   I am so pleased with how it turned out!




I am also extremely excited about my 2 new TpT owl themed items, "Owl" About MePowerPoints and "Owl" About Me Posters"Owl" About Me Posters contains printables that can be used as handouts or made into large posters for students to create and display about themselves, their school, or their classroom.  

"Owl" About Me Powerpoints contains an activity and templates for a PowerPoint called "Owl" About Me.  This activity aligns with the new Language Arts Common Core Standards for Writing and Speaking and Listening for Grades 3, 4, and 5.  Students do research by interviewing relatives to learn more about themselves.  Then they organize the information into a PowerPoint presentation to present to the class.  There is also a template for "Owl" About the Teacher.  This can be used to model the lesson or for beginning of the school year. It could also be used at open house to introduce yourself to your students and parents. 




I pray you have had a very blessed long weekend!

I am also linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!  





God bless!
Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. your stool looks great! i have one in my classroom that i should do something with! maybe i will start next summer's list.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stool looks amazing !!! I love it :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOVVVEEE your stool!!! Oh my goodness, I want one! And your "Owl about me" posters and power points look wonderful!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your owl themed stool. I also made a stool with mod podge this year (but not owl themed even though I am obsessed with owls!). I downloaded your owl behavior clip chart and added the "Owl About Me" posters to my wishlist! Awesome work!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.