Friday, September 7, 2012

Fun Friday #2 Linky Party- Join in the Fun!

Thank you so much to everyone who linked up last week!  I was thrilled that so many of you joined in!

My inspiration for the Fun Friday linky came from an activity that I have used in my classroom for years to motivate students to have wonderful behavior.  Every time my class is caught being good either by myself or by another teacher, they can earn a letter in the words, "Fun Friday."  This has been a very successful motivator in the past.  I usually do not start out the year with this activity.  Rather, I like to wait a few months to give the students a new goal to achieve.  Sometimes when students seem to be getting in a rut, this helps turn things around.

The fun part comes when the class spells out Fun Friday.  We usually celebrate with something fun.  It can be something as simple as a game afternoon with partner games like tic tac toe or the connect the dots game, class games such as heads up seven up, puzzles or board games, a short video, popcorn, free time, etc. 




I have created colorful letters that spell out Fun Friday.  These will be for sale on my TpT store, but for this weekend, I will offer them for free.  I just ask that you follow me, if you don't already.  Also, please follow me on Pinterest and on my TpT store.  Thanks so much!  Fun Friday is all about the fun things that you have done in your classrooms this week, and I can't wait to see all of the fun things that are happening in your classrooms!  

Please copy and paste my button on your blog for the linky, and link it back to my blog.

Also, just as some other blogs do, I ask that you share the love and comment on the two links before and after yours (or even more if you'd like).

God bless!



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting again...I love this idea! Thanks for the Fun Friday letters too! I am going right over to download. I have been doing something little each Friday for good behavior but maybe I will turn it into a whole class reward type of thing.

    Tamara
    Life's A Beach in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the idea of trying to incorporate something FUN on a Friday. Something that would encourage them to work well during the week to get to. I shall think about this for a while and look for ideas - thank you. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! I am your newest follower! Thanks for sharing the Fun Friday letters. I used to do that in 1st grade. I may do it with my 5th graders later on in the year...:)

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower. I have often done Fun Friday, but have never thought of using it as a classroom incentive by spelling it out for positive behavior. What an awesome idea!! I plan on using it in my classroom!! Thanks for sharing the idea!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE linky parties! Thank you for offering us a chance to show our fun activities:)
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the TPT forum! I see you are almost to 100 followers. I would love to contribute to a giveaway!
    Latoya
    http://flyingintofirst.blogspot.com
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Latoya-Reed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, you are almost up to 100 followers. If you do want to do a giveaway - please feel free to add me to it as well. I'll help you celebrate. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Linky!

    I was reading Google Reader on my iPad before bed last night, saw it and linked up. It fit perfectly with what I just blogged about. I didn't add the picture and link until this morning because it's easier to edit my blog on a laptop. I saw you commented before I added them. Sorry!

    I'm a new follower.

    Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the linky! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Fun Friday linky sounds like fun! Thank you for letting me know about it. I will have to be thinking on what to link up with. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.