Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fun Friday

I am beginning a new series called  Fun Friday.  Each Friday I will post something "fun" that we have done in our classroom; therefore, I am calling it...



To begin this Fun Friday, I want to share an art activity that we did the first week of school.  First, I read Manners at School by Carrie Finn.
Manners at School (Way to Be!)
Click here to see link to book.
      

This is a very simple, but effective book.  After reading, we discussed that manners sometimes feel like a "lost art".  Sometimes, it seems, that people don't have the manners that they once had in the "olden days."  We then discussed how perhaps our parents and grandparents were expected to have and use manners when they were growing up, but that it is also important that we learn and use manners as well.

We then create art work of schools from the "olden days."  I give each child a cut out of a bell.  Students then draw and color a schoolhouse for their bells.  I think they turned out great, and the students seemed to have a lot of fun creating their schoolhouses!




I am also linking up with Blog Hoppin' for their Back to School Books linky party.


I would  love for my blogging friends to link up your favorite fun activities, lessons, games, centers, ideas, creations, etc. and share.  Just grab the button and link back to my page! Please spread the word and link up with me for Fun Fridays


Also, you may link up after Friday as well! 
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I'll keep your linky in mind! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for the invite to post. I linked up my Saving Fred activity from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about this fun linky party! I just linked up, too!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invite! Totally just linked up. I will keep this linky in mind every week so I can link up on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a linky! Thanks for hosting. I love getting new ideas!

    Tamara

    Life's A Beach in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!! I will be linking up soon. I am your newest follower. I have a brand new blog too...and I'd love for you to stop by. :)

    Amy
    http://whathappensinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I will link up soon, promise! Thanks for visiting my site!
    Your newest follower-
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving the comment. I am glad I jumped on over here. I am your newest follower and I joined the linky!

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the wonderful response to the linky! I am thrilled that you all linked up! Remember, we will do this again next Friday, so have your fun ideas ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for inviting me to linkup - I'm a little late this time around but I definitely have something in my mind to join up again next Friday. Congratulations on a successful linky!

    Antonia @ <a href="http://msrivas.blogspot.com>forkin4th</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I just linked up :)

    chickencrayonsanddiapers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.